There are endless combinations of flavors and ingredients that you could put
into a savory breakfast skillet, so don’t feel that you must follow my
suggestions below. Use your favorite breakfast meat, veggies, spices and
herbs to create a breakfast skillet that is uniquely suited to your taste.
What you need
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 (12.8 oz) package chicken apple sausage, chopped
½ cup shredded cheese
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons chives, minced
¾ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high
heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often, until browned. Transfer to a
paper towel lined plate. Leave the drippings in the pan.
3. Whisk the eggs, cheese, garlic, parsley, chives, sea salt and black
pepper in a large bowl until frothy.
4. Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet. Sprinkle the sausage over
the eggs. Cover with the remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle with the red
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until puffed and set.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 326 calories, 16g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 843mg
sodium, 4g fiber, and 31g protein.